MODULE 8: GOING FORTH WITH MINDFUL COMMUNICATION AND WISE ACTION
Carol Perry is an Insight meditation teacher and an experienced communication expert. She will offer a seminar on wise speech, communicating mindfully, and developing empathy in conflict and difficult situations. She will outline principles of how to have open dialogues with different stakeholders who have different views.
Mari Rhydwen and Sage Ellis will talk about building and maintaining community. In times of existential threat, community is essential. How do we develop ways to provide and receive ongoing support and what support is already available in our area/s via networking and local action groups including the Anthropocene Transition Network and Extinction Rebellion?
ABOUT THIS ONLINE COURSE:
Zen Teachers Subhana Barzaghi & Mari Rhydwen will be joined by experts in the fields of ecology, mindfulness, psychology, economics, Buddhist ethics and activism to explore how we can participate in charting a positive way forward to address the current climate crisis.
The course is open to everyone and you can join in from wherever you are via Zoom.
The aims of the Eco-dharma training are:
- to honour our intent to protect the earth and all beings
- to create the space for reflecting on the difficult feelings in response to the destruction of our natural world
- to encourage open dialogue, reflective inquiry and embodied practices to support deep learning and collective action
- to increase our active engagement with the world by cultivating clarity, courage integrity and compassion
- to deepen our relationship with nature and promote life sustaining systems and culture
- to be guided by the Buddha Dharma in responding to this ecological emergency
- to support an eco-dharma community
Dates for 2021
Week 1: 18 March 2021: What is Eco Dharma?
Week 2: 25 March 2021: A Scientific Update
Week 3: 1 April: Honouring Our Pain for the World
Week 4: 15 April: Seeing with New Eyes and Deep Listening
Week 5: 22 April: Seeing with New Eyes and Deep Listening
Week 6: 29 April: Addressing Big Picture Issues
Week 7: 6 May: Low Carbon Living and Deep Adaptation to Climate Change
Week 8: 13 May: Going Forth with Mindful Communication and Wise Action