MODULE 5: PRINCIPLES OF BEARING WITNESS AND COMPASSIONATE ACTION
Subhana Bazarghi will outline the principles of non-violent action and the 3 Tenets of the Zen Peacemaker Order; not knowing, bearing witness and compassionate action.
Carol Perry is an Insight dharma teacher and social environmental activist who has been involved in a number of successful Northern Rivers environmental campaigns. Carol will outline the 4 roles of the social activist and the importance of the positive rebel.
Mari Rhydwen and Gerard Mazza will explore how activism can be made inclusive for everyone through sharing their stories about Contemplative Rebels and other actions.
ABOUT THIS ONLINE COURSE:
Zen Teachers Subhana Barzaghi & Mari Rhydwen will be joined by experts in the fields of ecology, mindfulness, psychology, economics, Buddhist ethics and activism to explore how we can participate in charting a positive way forward to address the current climate crisis.
The course is open to everyone and you can join in from wherever you are via Zoom.
The aims of the Eco-dharma training are:
- to honour our intent to protect the earth and all beings
- to create the space for reflecting on the difficult feelings in response to the destruction of our natural world
- to encourage open dialogue, reflective inquiry and embodied practices to support deep learning and collective action
- to increase our active engagement with the world by cultivating clarity, courage integrity and compassion
- to deepen our relationship with nature and promote life sustaining systems and culture
- to be guided by the Buddha Dharma in responding to this ecological emergency
- to support an eco-dharma community
Dates for 2021
Week 1: 18 March 2021: What is Eco Dharma?
Week 2: 25 March 2021: A Scientific Update
Week 3: 1 April: Honouring Our Pain for the World
Week 4: 15 April: Seeing with New Eyes and Deep Listening
Week 5: 22 April: Seeing with New Eyes and Deep Listening
Week 6: 29 April: Addressing Big Picture Issues
Week 7: 6 May: Low Carbon Living and Deep Adaptation to Climate Change
Week 8: 13 May: Going Forth with Mindful Communication and Wise Action