Teacher Training Course: 2023—204
Mindfulness and Compassion
This training is for those who want to teach mindfulness and compassion aligned with the deep wisdom teachings of the Buddha. It is also for those who want to engage in an ongoing program of study to deepen their own journey of awakening.
The course will develop an understanding of the principles and application of the practices underlying meditation, mindfulness and the Boundless Heart qualities of; loving kindness, compassion, joy and equanimity.
This two year training course is particularly suited for those who are interested in incorporating and teaching mindfulness and compassion in various areas of work and life: allied health, yoga, fitness, spiritual communites, social work, conflict resolution, social activism, counselling, psychology and corporate work.
On successful completion of the training a diploma will be awarded to those who have demonstrated the required knowledge, skill and understanding.
The Mindfulness component includes:
- Understanding the theoretical, philosophical and practical aspects of mindfulness based on the four foundations of mindfulness
- Applying mindfulness in daily life to free oneself from habitual reactive tendencies
- Deepening your personal mindfulness practice to develop insight and wisdom
- Developing skills and confidence in leading individual and small group sessions
The Boundless Heart component includes:
- Training in the Boundless Heart qualities of; Loving- kindness, Compassion, Joy and Equanimity
- Understand the theoretical, philosophical and meditative practices of the Boundless Heart
The role of compassion in healing emotional and psychological stress and suffering
- Applying models, guidance and mentoring in teaching skills
This training course is also the foundational program for those who want to enter the path of becoming an Insight Meditation Dharma teacher and continue to deepen their journey of awakening.
This is a two year training course.
Structure for each year:
- 4 weekends workshops (non-residential) workshops can be attended in-person or on- line. One workshop per year ideally should be attended in-person.
- 3 Webinar sessions between modules per year
- Online small group Mentoring sessions
- Peer based study and practice groups (on-line)
- In addition, participants are required to attend at least one 5 or 7 day Insight Meditation retreat each year (not included in the price)
Cost for Each Year
Annual payment $2500 for each year which can be paid in quarterly instalments
If you are a heath professional 23 hrs of PD hours will be awarded each year
Dates for the weekend workshops
Wrk 1: 18-19 Feb
Wrk 2: 20-21 May
Wrk 3: 19-20 August
Wrk 4: 18-19 November
Wrk 5: 17-18 Feb
Wrk 6: 18-19 May
Wrk 7: 17-18 Aug
Wrk 8: 23-24 Nov